Before the visit:
- We ask that all patients complete the COVID-19 Patient Pre-Visit Screening questionnaire.
the day before your appointment. If you answer “yes” to any of the questions, please call the clinic before your appointment for further instructions to reschedule the appointment (Jane will send a reminder email with a link to questionnaire 24 hours before their appointment, as well as other instructions).
- Patients will be told on the phone and email to wait in the car until 5 minutes before their appointment time.
- It will be mandatory for patients to wear mask
- Once they arrive at the front door, they will see a decal/sign that advises them:
- Not to enter if they are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
- Upon entry, check-in with front desk
- Maintain physical distancing while in the clinic (6 feet/2 meters)
- There is a sign upon entry asking patients to immediately sanitize their hands (spray bottle will be present at all times).
- Patients will proceed to the front desk (which will have a plexiglass barrier) for check-in where they will be screened again for COVID-19 risk level.
If “no” to all answers, reception will direct them to the waiting area or directly into treatment if possible.
If “yes”, reception will reschedule their appointment for 10 days later, and will be advised to call 8-1-1 or contact their medical doctor for further evaluation.
- Therapists must wash hands properly prior to and after each treatment. (let patient know)
- Therapists must wear a mask during treatment
- Therapists are encouraged to adapt their treatment to minimize unnecessary close contact with the patient.
- Once the treatment has concluded, therapists are required to disinfect the treatment table, any equipment that was used, door handles, light switches as well as any other surfaces that were touched/used. Please allow 2-3 minutes for the disinfectant to sit before wiping dry.
- Patient will go directly to reception to pay and book any subsequent appointments (while maintaining physical distancing)
- Prior to exiting, patients are asked to once again sanitize their hands.
- Strive strongly recommends paying via tap credit card or debit, or payfirma
- Avoid passing someone in the opposite direction while in the hallway. You can escort your patient while maintaining physical distancing. (Hallway is One Direction at a time, you must wait if needed to avoid crossing paths)
- There will be decals on the floor to “check for traffic” to ensure physical distancing.
- There will be decals indicating spots for patients to stand while waiting for check-in or for their appointment to begin.
- Patients are strongly encouraged to attend their appointment on their own, unless they are with a young child or they themselves need assistance.
- Patients are asked not to bring any additional items inside the clinic. Please leave those items at home or securely locked in your vehicle.
- All fabric chairs have been replaced with laminate chairs which will be disinfected after each use.
- Water cooler and glasses have been removed.
- Products are no longer on display for people to touch.
- Please use the washroom before coming to your appointment as we are attempting to limit movement within the clinic.
- All receipts will be emailed.
General staff procedures
- All therapists will be required to wear a mask while treating
- Only 2-3 staff members in the lunchroom at a time. Please do your best to maintain physical distancing.
- Sanitize anything you touch after use.
- Try to avoid bringing any unnecessary items into the clinic (ie, extra clothes, bags, jackets, etc)
- Please try to bring your own containers/cutlery for eating and drinking purposes. If you must use clinic dishes/cutlery, wash WITH soap immediately after use.
- At the end of the day, reception will sanitize: front desk, computer, phone, debit machine, door handles, washrooms, chairs and anything else that was touched or used. Admin shift times will be extended to allow for adequate cleaning.
- Before coming in for EVERY shift, all therapists and staff must fill out the Pre-Work COVID screening form.
Staff: prior to return to the clinic
- Each team member must read and sign the Strive COVID-19 Health and Safety Agreement
- Staff, therapists and clients will be required to wear masks at all times. If you do not own a mask, we will have them to purchase for $1 each
- We have markers on the floor for physical distancing
- There are signs in the washroom for proper hand hygiene
- We’ve installed plexiglass shields at our front desk to protect you and our staff
- All tables and equipment will be sanitized after each appointment
Procedure for COVID-19 symptoms or a positive test:
If a patient, staff or therapists reports any flu-like symptoms, including a fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath, or other symptoms that may be indicative of COVID-19, the person will not be allowed into the clinic and be sent home and advised to consult the Public Health authority.
If one of our team members has had any symptoms of, or tested positive for COVID-19, or have knowingly come into close contact with someone who has, the person will contact public health. The team member will then follow BCCDC’s Health Care Worker Return to Work Decision Tree before returning to the clinic. Strive Health and Performance will follow Public Health authority’s recommendations for any potential contact tracing.
If a client has tested positive for COVID-19 and has attended the clinic within the 14 days prior to their confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis, the person should notify the clinic immediately. Individuals should also consult Public Health authorities (8-1-1) for further information as to the best steps to proceed. Strive Health and Performance will follow Public Health authority’s recommendations for any potential contact tracing.